Ethiopian Gospel Music Net is here to
- inform about Ethiopian gospel singers and groups,
- facilitate networking of students and practitioners of Ethiopian gospel music,
- provide a virtual space for listening to gospel songs [መዝሙር] and studying related resource material.
Use the menu at the top of the page
- to access profiles of groups and soloists.
- The tab vignettes leads to an overview of gospel musicians of whom we do not yet have profiles, but only some impressions.
- The resources section contains scans of songbooks and unpublished hymns, bibliographical references and internet links.
- The tab book provides companion material to a forthcoming publication on Ethiopian gospel music.
This website is still under construction. There are many treasures to be discovered in the field of Ethiopian Gospel Music. Anyone who would like to share their findings is asked to write to the webmaster using the contact form below.
O sing to the Lord a new song,(Psalm 98:1, NRSV)
for he has done marvelous things.