The vignettes contain overviews of groups and solo singers whose full profile we would like to post on Ethiopian Gospel Music Net.
At this stage, some video clips and internet links are available for the respective gospel musicians. However, a concise introduction to the life and ministry of these singers is still missing. Please help if you can.
» For arrangements, please contact us through the form
at the bottom of this page.
The gospel groups are arranged according to the administrative regions in which they are located:
- Addis Ababa (chartered city)
- Oromia Region
- Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Region
- Other Regions in Ethiopia
(incl. Sidama Region and South West Ethiopia Region)
- Outside (of present-day) Ethiopia
For practical reasons, the gospel singers are assigned to different categories such as their faith community and the primary language they use in their gospel songs.
If soloists can be assigned to several categories, they are listed in the first possible tier:
(1) Singers with multiple adherences
- Secular / spiritual music (zäfän / mäzmur)
- Crossing religious / confessional borders
- Contact-induced changes in music
(2) Soloists from faith communities in Ethiopia not affiliated with the
Evangelical Churches Fellowship of Ethiopia (ECFE):
- Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church
- Catholic Church in Ethiopia
- Anglican Church
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Self-contained Pentecostal congregations and ministries
- Oneness Pentecostalism
- Jehovah’s Witnesses
(3) Female Evangelical singers and songwriters using
(4) Male Evangelical singers and songwriters using