Wario Wako Haleke [Qubee: Waariyoo Waaqoo] was born in Hidlola, Borana Zone, Oromia Region, in 1985. He is the son of one of the first Protestant couples in his native Yaaballoo District in Southern Ethiopia. Wario joined the local Mekane Yesus congregation as a child and became a member of its choir. Having completed his training in animal science, he worked as a civil servant. Afterwards, Wario earned a Degree in Theology and a Master of Business Administration.
In 2011, Wario became a full-time gospel singer. Five years later, he started to interview Oromo gospel singers on Mo’aa TV. In 2018, Wario founded Voice of Hope Ministry, a religious organisation serving Boranas in Kenya and Ethiopia. Wario lives with his family in Addis Ababa.
(1) Laftii nagaa [It is peace]. VCD released by Melos Spiritual Song Shop, Addis Ababa, 2011 [2004 AM].
(2) Uumami ragaa [The Creation is witness]. CD released by singer Wario Wako, Addis Ababa, 2012 [2005 AM].
(3) Ee Jenne [We have said, ‘All right’]. CD released by Melos Spiritual Song Shop, Addis Ababa 2014/15 [2007 AM].
(4) Waaqaa faarsina [We praise God]. CD released by _ _ _ in 2016 [2008 AM]
(5) Khitaabii Maal Jedha? [What does the Scripture say?]. CD released by singer Wario Wako, Addis Ababa, 2018 [2010 AM].
(6) Naanaanaan [_ _ _ (meaning?)]. CD released by _ _ _ in 2021 [2013 AM].
» Follow Wario Wako on Facebook
» Visit Wario’s YouTube channel
» Listen to albums and song
» Watch songs and worship