… work in progress …
At the beginning significant influence of American and Scandinavian Adventist hymns.
(according to B. Chafamo, 2019):
Abonsa (Kambaata, 2 Amharic cassettes)
Akaki (Addis Ababa, 2 cassettes)
Beyan (Kambaata; started 1984 AM; 5 Amharic cassettes)
Desta Anamo (Kambaata)
Mola _ _ _ [Anamo?] (North Ethiopia, now US)
Tefera Wolde Maryam (Pastor)
Well-known soloists (according to B. Chafamo, 2019):
- Mamo (Kambata) has 3 vols.
- Beyya (Kambata) has 5 vols.
- Abera (Kambata) has 2 vols.
- Aman (Hadiyya) has 1 vol,
- Pastor Tesfaye (Oromo) has 2 vols.
- Selamu (Hadiyya) has 1 vol. [in Amharic]
- Temesgen (Hadiyya) has 1 vol.
- Pastor Ayele (Hadiyya) has 1 vol.
- Amen (Hadiyya) has 1 vol. [in Hadiyyisa]
- Qabbana (Addis Ababa)
- Arus (Oromiya)
- Hawwasa (Sidama),
- Abbonsa (Kambata)
- Gimbichu (Hadiyya)
For further inquiry
Helen Afework Woldemichael
Editor of the SDA hymn book and Director of Choral Music at Forest Lake Academy (Florida)
» Visit Helen Afework’ Facebook page
Eastern Ethiopia Union Mission
» See entry with contact data in Adventist Yearbook
There is little information available in English language on the gospel music of this community. If you can help fill our knowledge gaps, please contact us via the form at the bottom of this page.