Teferi Angose Abay [Qubee: Tafarii Angose] was born in Korme, Gimbi District, West Oromia, in 1960. Teferi became a choir member of the local Mekane Yesus congregation in 1972. During high school, he joined the choir in Gimbi. As a teacher, he was a member of the Mekane Yesus choirs in Lalo Aira, Bojji Dirmajii, and the Addis Ababa sub-city of Furi.
During the Ethiopian Revolution, Teferi was in prison for eleven months because he was organising Christian youth to serve in a choir. The cadres regarded his 1977 song Yaadadhu uumaa kee yaadaan hin baajjajin (‘Remember God, don’t be thoughtless’) as an insult.
As a choir member, Teferi sometimes accompanied the singers with box guitar or accordion. Since 1986, Teferi has also served as a solo singer during Oromo congregational worship programs and at various spiritual conferences..
(1) ገለተኬ ሂሙፍ አንሞ ኤሰን ጅረ (‘Where am I to give thanks at dawn’). Solo cassette, released by EECMY Yemisrach Dimts Communication Services [YDCS], Addis Ababa, 1987/88 [1980 AM].
(2) ነምን ዋቀዮን አመነቱ ኤብፈማደ (‘Who believes in God is a blessed one’). Solo cassette, released by YDCS, Addis Ababa, 1987/88 [1980 AM].
(3) ዱራን ዱርስኔ ሞቱማዋ ቀዮኡቱ ባረባድኔ (‘But seek ye the kingdom of God’). Solo cassette, released by EECMY Bethel Studio, Addis Ababa, 1989/90 [1982 AM].
(4) Biiftuu Garasitti (‘Behind the sunset – at death’). Solo cassette, released by EECMY Western Synod studio, Bodji, 1993.
(5) Rooba Eebbakeetii (‘Showers of blessing’). Solo cassette, released by EECMY Bethel Studio, Addis Ababa, 1997.
(6) Forthcoming. [title not yet known].CD to be released by xxx.
Q: Picture of cover?
Songs in hymn book
Nr. 57, 99, 100, 112, 115, 140, 154, 256, 273, _ (?)
[10 songs contributed; 1 not remembered]
» Visit Teferi Angose’s YouTube channel
» Listen to selected albums and songs